Equipment Wish List for the F.D. Crockett
as of Sept 16, 2010
After 5 years of work, the Crocketteers are at the point where wood and hard labor aren’t enough to do what needs to be done. Since a lot of people have been asking, they’ve made a list of some of the specific items that the boat needs for completion. We would appreciate donations of new or gently used equipment. Please contact the museum at 804 776-7200 if you are interested in donating a particular item.
Thanks to all those who have donated generously over the past months. The items still needed are listed below.
Items still needed:
- Chesapeake Bay Chart Book
- Cushions for Pilot House by Pruitt Scripps
- Pressure tank and regulator for air compressor. Let’s hear the horn blow!
- Life Ring with bracket
- “Fortress” Anchor 32lb.
- Dock Lines 3/4” Several donated thanks to Prewitt Scripps. Can use more
- Fenders (Many, Large still needed)
- Deck Chairs with Rubber Feet (2 donated by John Coe; need a couple more)
- Toilet: Self-Contained
The following are already on the boat! Thanks to our donors!
- Cleats 12”-15” Open Base 4 Bolt
- donated by Ron Turner–along with the horn, spotlight, the wheel–and lots of stuff from the original Crockett!
- 30 Amp Battery Charger
- VHF Radio and Antenna
- donated anonymously
- Depth Finder
- donated– thanks to Kyle Jenkins
- GPS System
- donated–Thanks to Harry Wells of Irvington!
- Log Book
- thanks to Prewitt Scripps-
- Flags: Virginia and Middlesex County 24”x36”
- donated by the County of Middlesex
- Air Compressor for Horn 12 Volt
- donated by Buddy Wyker
- Canopy over Boom
- In the works-Labor donated by Jerry Latell of Ullman Sails; materials by Prewitt Scripps of Stanto
- Hubbell Electrical Receptacle and Extension Cord
- Safety Equipment: Thanks to Harry Wells
- Lifejackets for Crew: 2 Inflatable donated
- Flares: 1 set of 4 donated
- Fire Extinguishers: 3 donated
Originally published by Vera England on 19 September 2010. Published on WordPress after The Deltaville Maritime Museum and Holly Point Nature Park moved from http://deltavilleva.com/museumpark/ to http://deltavillemuseum.com/